Topic: [THAC X] The Disrupted Unveil.

Directory Link

[THAC X] The Disrupted Unveil.

Watch on Vimeo

A bit late to the game, I realize. O well, here is my THAC X entry (entered under the title:  The Disrupted Reveal). This is actually the version I added credits to after the entry version had been sent off. I couldn't finish the credits in time for the contest.

I'd love to hear a bit of feedback on this. I know it doesn't really compare to some of the other entries (No Crawme's Sing Along THAC for instance...), but I still put a bunch of work into this along with my brother.

Anyway, hope someone gets a chuckle out of it.

Re: [THAC X] The Disrupted Unveil.

It sure felt a lot longer than 2 minutes.

All the post-production aspects were done quite well, and the animation was pretty nice.
The sets were fantastic, and I want instructions to that recliner at 0:26, it looks great.

Pretty much the only faults that I can find are that during What's-his-name's speech at 0:35, his movements didn't quite match up to the emphasis points in his dialogue. And how he instantly teleported off the stage every time the curtain opened.

This is one of the better entries, and I can't believe that it was done in 24 hours.
If you can do this for THAC, I can't wait to see what you can do with more time.

Got a chuckle out of me. I like this entry, definitely better than mine. Good job, I think you'll score pretty well. mini/wink

Thanks, as you can see I am not who posted it, but I am one of the animators, set builders, and voice actors.

I was not the one who designed the chair, so I can not help you their.

The sound was off on a few parts do to the fact that the sound files were erased after the filming:/ , so we had to go back and rerecord to the film.

And you are right, it does feel longer than it is. You are right, when we have time we can put out some high quality stuff;).

thanks for your support

Hey Pritchard, sorry about the massive delay in response. mini/sad  I was very busy this last week. Anyway, thanks for the great comment. GEF (Who is actually my brother btw. He just signed up...) is right, all our recordings were erased after we had animated so we had to redub, which worked, but not perfectly. As for the disappearing guy... yes, your right, it is pretty obvious. I mean, it was completely on purpose, to make some things easier... but looking back on it, it is sort of weird.
Glad you liked our sets, we worked hard on them, I don't mind making instructions at all either... in fact you just gave me a chance to try out a couple of things. mini/smile
http://imageshack.us/a/img651/5705/chairsw.png
The one on the right is the one in the film. I didn't have time to find the pieces for the one on the left... to bad. Here are actual instructions for the one on the left. Really just for testing something out, I'm sure you could have figured it out from the above picture. mini/bigsmile
http://imageshack.us/a/img41/3936/instructionsem.jpg
As for the post processing... I'd be surprised if you saw all of the stuff I had to do. For being a THAC film... this had a lot of effects...

Anyway, we do have some other stuff in the works, hope we can get it out soon.

Mighty Wanderer. Yours isn't to bad. Thanks for the comment!

Last edited by AnW (January 12, 2013 (03:28pm))

I'm not sure what to think of The Disrupted Reveal. There's nothing about it that particularly stands out, and that could be both a good and a bad thing. The audio levels were a bit all over the place (especially comparing the voices to the sound effects), and I'm not a big fan of the digital curtain effects. I feel that the comedic timing could also use some work. Overall though, these points aren't bad things per se - the film could have been executed better, though.